The Children’s Society

We had our animatic pitch this week to The Children’s Society. It went well, both Lucy & David were really encouraging. David noted that the letter blocks made him think of toddlers and it would probably be more effective if the letters were simply letters. So I’ve made that change, even though of course¬†I had spent the past two days stitching letter blocks together. Oops! It’s definitely my own fault for jumping ahead of the client like that, lesson learnt!

I started trying to make the letters 3D through scouring and folding but I think the result was too messy & unpolished. Back to the drawing board on this one, I’m going to whip up some samples tomorrow, trying both layering 2D cuts to make 3D, and just seeing how the shots could work if the letters were 2D.

they’re definitely too glue-y and uneven and meh

I spent today building little wonky paper cities for the shot were the boy is lifted between cities. I’m embracing all the little wobbly bits my hands create rather than trying to get all the lines perfect, I think hand cut paper is more interesting than something that could have been laser cut. So expect lots of wonky windows!

I want to get all my paper things built and cut by Thursday so I can start shooting them this weekend and hopefully move on to TVpaint and¬†drawing in my character. Lots to do but I’m chuffed to get to play with my scalpel for a while, I’ve missed making.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *